If you are still absorbed in finding out the best table saw for home or small workshop, don’t look too far! Here they are!
We will bring you 3 bright names from 3 different manufacturers: Ridgid R4512, Dewalt Dwe7491rs, and Hitachi C10JR.
These table saws come from the famous and long standing brands. However, it would be hard to consider which one is the best.
And, this article will give you a brief summary about each product and our recommendations so that you can choose the right one!
Let’s get started!
RIDGID R4512 vs DEWALT DWE7491RS
This one is an awesome all-around table saw which will surely live up to your basic expectation. As we are not looking for heavy duty saw, this is a very promising machine.
It is said that we will start to look into it from the perspective of a home user. However, don’t be mistaken, this fine piece of equipment can also withstand serious workload for a considerable duration due to its size.
- Power of the motor: 13-amp motor – 130 Voltage
- The diameter of the blade: 10 in.
- Size of Arbor: ⅝ in.
- Capacity: From the right-hand side of the blade is 30in. From the left-hand side of the blade is 15 in.
- Dado Capacity: reach to 13/16 in.
- RPM: 3450
- Size of the Dust Port: 4”
It also has an iron table to minimize the vibration. Front and back-clamping aluminum rip fence have more glides which will give you smooth adjustments along the trace. Integrated accessory slots for having more fences that support bigger project. Also, it has the left and right extension table in case you need more space to cut wood.
- Have its own wheel so it is very easy to move it around.
- Have onboard space so that can store the blade and tool for your table saws.
- Offer you a transparent blade guard allowing you to easily observe your work.
- Another plus is the anti-kickback system, which is quite practical.
- Although it has wheels, the quality of the wheel is not very good. You may need to replace this after a year.
- The design of RIDGID R4512 seems to give us a lot of space but sometimes, you will find that you need more space to work.
It is a machine with several outstanding features. It can easily do soft and small works like cutting, flooring, roofing.
However, the projects with a large amount of work are not the strongest point of this table saw. If you start with a small project in your house or a small workshop then it is the best for you.
You can later update it to adapt to the increasing amount of work you are responsible for.
One can say that the most useful feature on DWE7491RS is the patented material support, which offers users a chance to perform some very narrow rip cuts. This feature allows you to save money by not wasting too much material.
Unlike other machines, this piece of equipment is able to pull off even some of the hardest narrow cut due to its telescoping fence rail. It was designed with storage ability and transportability supporting users to rip up to 32-½” while still maintain its features.
- Using 15.0 amp motor.
- Size of the blade: 10”
- Depthof the cut at 45degs: 2-¼ IN
- Depthof the cut at 90degs3-⅛ IN
- Capacity: max rip to left of the blade: 22 in., max rip to the right of the blade 32 in.
- Max width of dado: 13/16 in.
- Have 4 legs and 2 wheels.
- Power tool type: Corde
- Size of the Arbor: ⅝ in.
- Dust port diameter: 2½ IN
- No load speed: 4800 RPM
- It also has 10″ 24-Tooth Carbide Blade, Rolling Stand, Push Stick, Miter Gauge, Rip Fence, 2x Blade Wrenches, Blade Guard Assembly
- Good power with 15 amp motor. Can easily cut through any kind of wood.
- Good combination of stability and mobility.
- Good storage ability.
- Patented material support – help you to perform some very narrow rip cuts.
- Not have a good miter gauge
- It only accepts dado blade but there is no space to keep it, which you need to bring dado blade along with you.
There is nothing much to say about the 15 amp motor except it’s a very capable cutting tool. Previously we described the 13-amp motor of the RIDGID R4512 as it can cut through even the hardest kind of wood with ease.
Well, the 15-amp motor is even better. There can never be too much power on a saw, is it? Actually, when you cut hard thick stock wood, the motor often draws more than 15-amp.
You should ensure that the motor is supplied with at least 20-amp or a vacuum switch with a 15-amp fuse. Careful preparations are still better than having a blackout in the middle of your cut.
This table saw is among the highest ranked piece of machinery on the market. It comes with great features, especially in safety-related design. Dewalt is known for well-thought products and this one is no exception.
If you hesitate to go for a very expensive one for your first table saw, we recommend this since it offers you a good bang for your buck plus the safety element provided.
If you are looking for portability, versatility and power then the fine piece of machinery from Dewalt is a perfect match. On the other hand, if you are looking for compatibility, upgradeability and smooth experience, the RIDGID R4512 is what you need.
DEWALT DWE7491RS vs HITACHI C10RJ
This fine piece of equipment is a huge step up from any previous table saw designed by Hitachi. Aluminum table top and solid feeling equipped well indicate its aim to some serious workload. It’s able to rip almost anything you throw at it, from shim stock to LVL framing.
At first glance, it’s very similar to the Dewalt DWE7491 in terms of design and functionalities. What you will be amazed to know that this is almost $160 cheaper, making it a formidable opponent to its counterpart from DWE7491.
Don’t rush purchasing this machine just by seeing its price. The Hitachi lacks some of the aspects that make the Dewalt a better choice for some people. We will have a comparison below so you can make up your mind.
- Size of the blade: 10 in.
- Power of themotor :15 Amp – 120V – 60Hz
- No Load Speed: 4500RPM
- Type ofBlade :40T Carbide
- Materialof table: Aluminum
- Size oftable :28-¾ x 22 in.
- Outfeed support size: 28-¾ x 2in.
- Capacity: Max rip to the right is 35-in. ; max rip to the left is 22-in.
- Depthof the cut at 0 deg: 3-⅛ in.
- Depthof the cut at 45degs: 2-¼ in.
- Max width of Dado: 8 x 13/16 in.
- Electric Brake: Yes
- Dust Port Size: 2-1/2-inch
- Fold & Roll Stand: Included
- Tool Weight (Assembled): 96 lbs
- Warranty: 2-Year
Powered by a 15-amp motor and integrated with a soft start function and an electric brake, The C10Rj can deliver up to 4500 RPM. You should keep in mind that this 15-amp motor also consumes more than what it stated.
Back up measures are the same as the DEWALT DWE7491RS, including raising the power to 20-amp or using vacuum switches. As long as you supply the saw with adequate power input, you will be surprised by the productivity of this item.
The Hitachi C10JR Table Saw has an awesome dust collector system. The seals in the sawdust compartment enable remnant to be sucked out from under the table. Behind the table saw is a 2-1/2” dust port, which are compatible to the vast majority of shop vacuums.
- Soft-start decreases noise output and recoil at start-up.
- Electronic brake.
- Front bevel scale and height are adjustable.
- Huge power switch with emergency shutdown feature.
- Can only handle medium to small size project.
- Poor ability to withstand high pressure for a long time.
- Subpar wheels quality
For the price, this table saw is still one of the best in its kind. Despite minor set off, it offers users a lot of features that any Pro would love. This is a great alternative for anyone on a tight budget.
Compared to the Hitachi, this one has everything slightly better across the board. The Dewalt stand, of course, is very similar, featuring sturdy, foldable legs and 8-inch all-terrain treaded wheels.
When fully engaged, the legs turn the whole system into one solid and stable base. The saw is very unlikely to tip over whether you are working with a large piece of wood or just testing it with your own weight.
All other aspects and even some of the designs are hardly distinguishable, as we mention above, inexperienced people can easily mistake these 2 table saws for each other.
It allows excellent safety features, ease of use and efficiency, such as adjustability without tools and storage of accessory on the go. The saw can be utilized for many different jobs, thus suitable for deck builder, carpenter, floor installer, remodeler, etc.
Both of these machines are very capable and packed with wonderful features and safety elements. Although coming from 2 different brands, they share similar overall designs, leading to alike functionalities and structures.
There are differences in the dust collection port and some other aspect, in which the Dewalt is slightly ahead of the Hitachi.
So if you are on a budget and doesn’t care much about details but only productivity, we recommend the Hitachi C10RJ.
On the contrary, if you purchase the Dewalt, you will get a better performance across the board and more overall satisfaction.
RIDGID R4512 vs HITACHI C10RJ
This comparison is very much the same as the first one, except the second candidate in this competition fall a little shorter.
Obviously, if you pay less you will get less, but the Hitachi still offers you considerably good performance and none of its aspects cause the users frustration or danger.
So if you still haven’t made a decision about the Dewalt due to its price, this is your chance to go with the Hitachi C10RJ.
Which is The Best?
If you are considering buying a table saw, we can help you out.
After some time of testing, we have come to the conclusion that if we are going to buy one, we would go with the DEWALT DWE7491RS.
This fine piece of engineering is undoubtedly a good deal. Although it’s not as feature-rich as the RIDGID R4512, it still provides brilliant functions. Besides, its endurance certainly beats the Hitachi C10RJ despite the price tag.
We hope that after this guide, you will have a better perspective on how to choose your table saw and get yourself a DEWALT DW7491RS!